Monday, December 28, 2009

2010

There are only a few more days in 2009. It was definitely a rough year and I'm hoping that next year gets better. With that in mind, I decided to make a list of goals for the new year to help keep things on the upswing.

1. Bake and cook more. I've been baking and cooking quite a bit. I've started making most things from scratch since we went vegan this spring. Next year I want to start making even more things that I haven't tried yet. And I want to make lots of food to share with others and spread the vegan love. :)

2. Decide what I want to do with my life. I've had 5 jobs since I graduated from college in 2005. Not a great track record. Next year I want to really focus on figuring out what I want to do and make it happen.

3. Go biking. I had a blast riding the bike trail this summer. I did it almost every day for a while and it was so much fun. I was in great shape and I felt great, too. I noticed the difference in my stamina when we hiked Giant Mtn. in August. As soon as the snow melts, I want to start riding again.

4. Work towards becoming a 46er. We started off hiking a lot this year, but slacked off and only ended up climbing 3 High Peaks. Next year I want to hike at least one High Peak a month, or at least 12 for the year.

5. Save money and pay down our debt. This one is huge. We need to put all of our extra money toward our credit card bills and then start socking it away in savings.

6. Let go of old grudges and deal with the anger issues. I don't think anyone would be surprised to find out that I have anger issues. Long story short, some stuff happened a while back and now I become enraged at the drop of a hat. I've gotten much better in the past few years, but I've stopped working on getting even better. Next year I want to work on keeping my patience, not losing my temper and getting over things that I've been holding on to for a while. This is going to be the most difficult one for me. If you see me about to lose it, remind me to count to ten!!


I'm sure I'll think of more things, but those are it for now. Let's see if I can stick to them!

1 comment:

  1. Your #2 - You'll figure it out. I know people in their 40's and 50's who either still don't know what they want to do, or they want to change what they do.. now.

    I like your honesty in #6. Just remember it's ok to feel anger. There's nothing wrong in feeling it, it's a human emotion like all other feelings. :)

    btw - I'm the one who put up the question in the adhighpeaks forum about naming the peaks in the photos I took. I saw your response and noticed that you too have a blog.

    Have a good New Year, Jessica.

    ~ZZ

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

AddThis

Bookmark and Share